Oracle Drive Systems are a systems integrator for variable speed drive control and automation systems, in a wide range of industries including, automotive, oil and gas, metals, paper, plastics, extrusion, printing and converting.
We are now recruiting a Project Engineer with proven and demonstrable controls and commissioning skills. You should be familiar with working on various types of machinery and travelling to a non-permanent place of work supporting our customer base. Your communication skills and knowledge will be utilised in all areas of client service including breakdowns, upgrades, and projects. Your duties will include carrying out drive, PLC and HMI upgrades, FAT’s, site installations with the assistance of contractors, retro fits and modifications, site commissioning and training in accordance with relevant EN Standards.
To be considered for this position you should have or be able to demonstrate at least some of the following:
• Qualified to HNC/D or above
• Proficiency with industrial networking protocols including Ethernet, Modbus, Devicenet,RS232/485, Profibus, Profinet etc.
• Capability of carrying out factory and site acceptance tests
• Working knowledge of Siemens, Rockwell, and Omron systems
• Familiarity of some robotics platforms which could include ABB, Fanuc, Yaskawa, Kuka, Staubli, or cobots is highly desirable
• Panel hardware design experience using Automated CAD software - Eplan, AutoCAD, RS Wire or Promise E software preferred.
• Knowledge of EN60204-1 and EN13849-1 standards
• Knowledge of functional safety and current machinery directives
• Strong programming, commissioning, and fault-finding experience with a variety of drive and PLC application processes including winding, converting, extrusion & tension control loops.
• Have thorough knowledge with Rockwell and Siemens PLC, HMI and Scada platforms
• Experienced with AC/DC drives including Eurotherm/Parker, ABB, Control Techniques, Rockwell, and Siemens
• Clear communication skills and be self-managing under pressured deadlines.
• A self-starter willing to learn new technologies
• Confidence to work efficiently on your own
• Clean Driving licence